In The Kite Runner, the main character, Amir, discovers that one decision he made changed his life. When Amir won the kite race, he ordered his best friend, Hassan, to go find the kite. Hassan, being a loyal friend, retrieved the kite but was violently beat up by three Afghan bullies. Amir watched the bullies beat his best friend up, as he was much to cowardly to stand up to the bullies. The relationship between Amir and his best friend changed, and they never saw each other again. Amir now realized that the one action he did caused his life to change entirely.
So far, I am enjoying Romeo and Juliet. I like how Shakespeare uses metaphors to suggest the reader to think about what exactly is happening. Shakespeare also uses vivid language to really embellish the way we interpret the text. I also like the personality of Mercutio, being the playful friend who is sarcastic and funny. Relating the book to the movie allows us to compare our imaginations to the characters presented in the movie. Reading Romeo and Juliet may be difficult, but is nonetheless a moving tale about two lovers.

So far, I am enjoying Romeo and Juliet. I like how Shakespeare uses metaphors to suggest the reader to think about what exactly is happening. Shakespeare also uses vivid language to really embellish the way we interpret the text. I also like the personality of Mercutio, being the playful friend who is sarcastic and funny. Relating the book to the movie allows us to compare our imaginations to the characters presented in the movie. Reading Romeo and Juliet may be difficult, but is nonetheless a moving tale about two lovers.
No comments:
Post a Comment