While
in the action of writing a blog post, I came across one struggle. I struggled
with finding specific examples from the text. For example, I would choose a
topic that I found in my book. I would then write about how the topic was shown
in my book, but I would not incorporate precise lines from my book. This would
lower the standards of my blog post because there is no legitimacy of the topic
without specific evidence. I then realized this mistake and changed the way I
wrote my blogs. I would choose a topic that I wanted to blog about and look for
proof inside the text. If there was no evidence to be found, I would force
myself to choose another topic. This ensured that I would find evidence for
every topic I blogged about. More importantly, this made my blog posts higher
quality and much more believable. One of the strengths I had while I was
blogging was using well developed vocabulary. This greatly embellished my blog
as there was use of more precise words which helped others understand my
thinking easier and more clearly. The use of challenging vocabulary also
contributed to the addition of further vocabulary in my head. Through the
practice of using mature vocabulary, I am now enabled to use higher level words
more fluently with fluidity.
My writing has improved in the
aspect of analyzing the text. In my previous blog posts, I would not include
any evidence from the text. I would merely summarize each of the scenes and
hope to convey the message without any textual evidence. I began to realize
this through the blogging conferences and tried to fix it. In my most recent
blog post, I included an excerpt from the book that not only finds textual
evidence but also correctly analyzes it. My third blog post shows how there was
no textual evidence in my blog posts.
In this post (#3), I have no
proof from the text. Although I am addressing the comparison between Nadal and
I, there is no evidence from the text that determines this. For now, it is
merely an opinion. When I state, “…I can understand what he needs to go through
every point in every one of his matches,” I am showing the knowledge I gained
from the book but am not proving it. Instead, I should have quoted a line from
the text. This is shown from my most recent blog post about The Kite Runner.
In this post (#8), it is shown
how I not only quoted lines from the text but also thoroughly described it.
From the line, “’…Baba and I had driven through the broken terrain back in
1974. The arid, imposing mountains sat along deep gorges and soared to jagged
peaks. Old fortresses, adobe-walled and crumbling, topped the crags,’” it can
be seen that I did provide a concrete quote, one that justifies my thesis of
great imagery in the book. I also showed analysis from, “This line from the
text shows the feeling of nostalgia because he remembers the last time he had
been here and remembers it vividly. The way he depicts the scene such as,
"deep gorges" and "jagged peaks", shows that he really did
enjoy the trip,” because I thoroughly looked through the text to discover what
the author was trying to convey in the imagery from the text.
No comments:
Post a Comment