Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Post #2 (3rd Trimester)

This week, I began a new book called The Eye of Minds by James Dashner. It's about a male teenager boy,  named Michael, who is extremely interested in the video game VirtNet. This book takes place in the future, so in this particular video game, it is possible to go inside it. Michael is a hacker, and usually goes into the game to relax and hang out with his friends. They can then do whatever they want there because all of them are great programmers. "Eyes closed to access the raw data, manipulate a few lines of programming, and voila-a free feast." This sentence from the book is a perfect example to show the techniques used by Michael to enjoy life in VirtNet. If you feel hungry, all you need to do is manipulate a few lines of code, and you have a full meal right in front of your eyes.

Wake up, go to school, get on VirtNet, and sleep late. This is Michael's daily routine, until one day, when he is kidnapped by the VirtNet security in real life. They give him a mission to stop an extremely powerful gamer in VirtNet. This gamer supposedly has intentions to destroy the world. Michael has no other option but to accept the offer. I predict Michael and his friends will work together to find this gamer, but along the way will encounter many challenges. When they finally capture him, I predict they will be trapped in the game for what will seem like forever.

File:TheEyeofMindsDashner.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I think that sounds like a really interesting book! It vaguely reminds me of a movie I've seen, where people are connecting to a virtual reality and they don't really live in real life... If I'm not mistaken, it's called "Surrogates", but anyway, nice job! Your blog is really structured and organized.

    ReplyDelete