Monday, December 9, 2013

Blog Post #3

I believe that one of the best things about my book is my ability to connect with the author. I can connect with the author because I can understand what he needs to go through every point in every one of his matches. The pre-preparation, the preparation, the playing, the afterthought, and the revision. I see this in myself as well as Rafael Nadal because he explains each one of these aspects carefully. The pre-preparation talks of how he prepares for the preparing. How Nadal brainstorms about how he may approach the problem of his opponent. He then moves on to the preparation, talking about how he will carry out the ideas. This portion is also meant to become mentally tough right before the match. After this, he begins to walk on to the main part, the playing. This is where ideas may or may not change. He may change the way he plays, or he may not. It all depends on how he plays that day as well as how well his opponent plays. After the match, there is always the afterthought process, analyzing the mistakes and positives of his game, regardless of whether he won or lost. He then goes on to try and fix these problems in the revision. This is where he thinks of new ideas of how he can improve. The cycle repeats again. I do similar things right before a match myself. It shows of how I can connect to Rafa to understand the book better.
This article gives a good summarization of the book.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great book and I plan to read it soon! I can also connect well with Rafa given that I play tennis as well. I think that I will enjoy it if you did by being able to connect with Rafa.

    ReplyDelete