Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Blog Post #1 (3rd Trimester)

My favorite book from last trimester was The Kite Runner. This is because the book incorporated lots of imagery that really contributed to the overall message behind the book. This helped me understand the book because it allowed me to feel the feelings of Amir, the main character, better. This in turn helped me imagine how I would feel if I was in his position. As an author, Khaled Hosseini uses figurative language, such as metaphors and personification, to enhance the tone and overall quality of the book. This figurative language helps the reader understand the book.

Overall, I would award this book 4.5 stars out of 5. The book has a great meaning to it: every action develops into another action.The figurative language througout the book really appealed to me. On a deeper note, the message of the story touched me and I believe it did in fact teach me a valuable lesson. Although the vocabulary of my book was spectacular, as was the theme, I would have liked to know more about Hassan's son, and how he came to adapt to the different world in America.

 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this review! I have been looking for more challenging books to read for a long time, and from your descriptive review, I know that this book has a good plot, and great literary elements. I am going to go read this book, and I will try to read it in a different way than you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Suhaas! Inspiring blog, to say the least. I really enjoy books when the authors use lots of figurative language because it opens my eyes to see new ways about thinking in the world. I will definitely crack open that novel someday because your recommendation has really swayed me, and I would like to be touched on an emotional level by that book too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds great! I really like when books have a really good message that can be relatable. It also sounds like it has a lot of action. I really must get my hands on this book. It sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kite Runner seems like a really interesting book! Imagery and figurative language is so important in making the story come alive. Out of curiosity, I searched up the meaning of Amir: prince. I wonder if that has anything to do with the message of the book...Anyways, I plan on reading this book in the future. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds very good, I may read it at some point. I think it sounds interesting because you said it has a lot of imagery and i like when i can get an image of what something im reading looks like in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read this book as well, Suhaas. Although I would have rated it with a 3.5 (yes, I'm picky) it was a decent book. I don't know if I'd read it again but the first time was certainly interesting, I would recommend this book as well. Imagery was a good point of this book. Nice job Suhaas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suhaas, you sir are an excellent blogger. you really spoke to me as a reader and now I cant wait to read this book. Keep up the blogging magic

    ReplyDelete