I have continued to read my book, The Eye of Minds, as I really do like it. It provides me with suspense, action, mystery, and comedy. But one of the greatest things the author, James Dashner, does really well is add imagery to the text. This helps the reader understand the novel better and connect with it in different ways. One mere example of imagery is, "Skull-pounding music thumped and bellowed from the massive speakers hung on the ceiling, and strobe lights flashed and dazzled. A red glow permeated everything else, cast over the people dancing and gyrating and jumping out onto the floor. Body heat filled the space, warm and sultry." This example of imagery must provide a great sense of where the protagonist, Michael, is at this point. Dashner uses a variety of different adjectives to further embellish the writing. Rather than saying, "Loud music...", Dashner instead uses exagerating vocabulary such as "Skull-pounding...". The author also expresses the setting using words that are not in everyday vocabulary. For example, instead of using "circulating", he uses the word, "gyrating", which really adds on to the tone of the author. Adding on to the tone furthermore makes the book more interesting for the reader.
This article gives a good idea about this book.
This article gives a good idea about this book.
hello
ReplyDeleteWow. That was some really good imagery. I could really visualize what the character is seeing and feeling in this particular scene. I read the article you attatched (not really, it was to long to hold my attention) and the book seems pretty interesting. I think I should check it out.
ReplyDeleteI might add this book to the list of books that I should read. The description you provided about this novel makes it seem more interesting than it looks. I liked the way you picked one particular aspect of the novel in this blogpost:Imagery. It seems like a nice science fiction book. Keep updating about this novel.
ReplyDeleteThis book seems like it would be enjoyable to read. Right now, I am reading the Maze Runner series by the same author, and the quotes you provided have the same kind of voice as in James Dashner's other books. The attached article helped me get a good idea of what the book is about. In future posts, you could give us more updates about the book's plot.
ReplyDelete